All Movies Watched on Kanopy May—Present
Here are five movies I’ve loved that you can watch right now. For free!
Five Really Great Movies on Kanopy Now
- Night Moves. I call this Kelly Reichardt’s most “commercial” film as it stars people who have also been in superhero films. But it’s still a very quiet contemplation of environmental activists.
- Humpday. Lynn Shelton’s portrait of two guys at different phases in their lives who goad each other into dumb things is astutely observed and quite funny.
- A Town Called Panic. If you want a good laugh, take in this animated feature from a couple of hilarious Belgians. Nutty incidents abound.
- The Spectacular Now. Shailene Woodley on her way up, and near-peak Miles Teller, this story about a high school senior who made the transition from fun drunk to alcoholic earlier than his peers has a lot of great moments.
- Drinking Buddies. You have to be the kind of person who likes ponderous films where not much happens, but if you are: wow! The tension is amped up in this film about brewery employees.
- Songs My Brothers Taught Me (October)
- 21 Years: Richard Linklater (September)
- The Hitch-hiker (August)
- Night Comes On (August)
- Into the Forest (August)
- The Watermelon Woman (June)
- A Quiet Passion (September)
- Welcome to Me (August)
- Love Simple (July)
- The Beat Beneath My Feet (May)
- Teen Spirit (May)