All movies watched on Netflix May–Present
Five Really Great Movies on Netflix Right Now. The S Edition
- Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse. It’s a superhero film not hanging out on the Disney+ platform! The animation is amazing! It’s also funny!
- Stranger Than Fiction. A film that warms the cockles of my heart because it’s just so different. I love Will Ferrell in comedic roles, but he’s also great in this drama. Plus, Maggie Gyllenhaal. And Emma Thompson with writer’s block.
- Saving Mr. Banks. Speaking of Emma Thompson as a writer, here she plays P.L. Travers, the author of Mary Poppins. She wears great suits, and there’s a back-in-the-day plot, too.
- Searching For Bobby Fisher. I haven’t seen this since 1994, but enjoyed this chess story back then.
- The Social Network. Are you ready for a taut drama (with nearly zero women) about the beginning of Facebook? Then settle in for a tense, nervous Jesse Eisenberg and a similarly fantastic in a not-tense way Justin Timberlake.
- (Also, if you haven’t yet watched Spotlight, recommended last month, see that you do!)
- Adrift (October)
- The Trial of the Chicago 7 (October)
- Sleepless in Seattle (July)
- Athlete A (July)
- 13th (June)
- Becoming (May)
- The Lovebirds (May)
- The Half of It (May)
- Rebecca (2020) (October)
- Definitely Maybe (September)
- The Devil All the Time (September)
- Pride & Prejudice (September)
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things (September)
- Project Power (August)
- Catfish (August)
- The Old Guard (July)
- Da 5 Bloods (June)
- Can’t Hardly Wait (June)
- See You Yesterday (June)
- 18 Presents (May)
- Inception (May)
Have you watched any of these films? Do you agree or disagree? Leave a comment and let’s talk!